In our revamped Understood Community (as of Spring 2018), anyone with an Understood account and a community screen name can read through discussions in any of our groups.
But you need to be a member of a particular group to "like" or comment on threads within it, or to begin your own thread.
To join a group for the first time, visit the group and click on the yellow banner at the bottom of the page. It only pops up when you're within a group you're not a member of.
Or on any group landing page, click Join.
You can join one of five topic-based groups in the Understood Community:
- Your Child's Issues: Discuss different learning and attention issues with other families and our team of experts.
- School & Services: Read and talk about all things related to your child's education and learning success.
- Life at Home: Explore how to make day-to-day experiences smoother for your immediate and extended family and social circle.
- Communidad en tu idioma: Our Spanish-language board is fully monitored by Spanish-speaking moderators.
- Weekend Wisdom: Every Saturday and Sunday, experts answer your questions about specific topics related to learning disabilities and parenting.
A sixth group—Understood Community FAQs—offers help for navigation our new groups.